My City-Lab Talk Series
AI in the Fight Against Cancer
Tuesday, 25 February 2020, 17.30 -19.00
Wine Tales (13 Place de Londres, 1050 Ixelles, Brussels)
My City-Lab Talk Series is back!
The first meeting in 2020 will focus on how Artificial Intelligence (AI) can help to better understand and treat cancer.
Cancer is one of Europe’s largest health problems. There were an estimated 3.91 million new cases of cancer and 1.93 million deaths from cancer in Europe in 2018. However, Artificial intelligence (AI) is revolutionizing cancer care; thanks to AI, software can analyse medical images spotting irregularities and supporting cancer treatment.
Do not miss the opportunity to participate in our passionate debate, with a focus on:
- To what extent can AI speed and advance the fight against cancer?
- How can AI support laboratory processes in the scope of cancer care?
- What are the barriers to implement AI solutions in cancer care?
With remarkable insights from:
- Yiannos Tolias, European Commission – DG SANTE
- Margherita Fanos, European Commission – DG CONNECT
- Antonella Cardone, European Cancer Patient Coalition (ECPC)
- Jelena Malinina, The European Consumer Organisation (BEUC)
Looking forward to seeing you on Tuesday 25 February 2020 at 17.30 in Wine Tales, Brussels.
My City-Lab project – financed by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) – aims to create 2 new primary care structures, called My City-Lab, integrating the innovation of laboratory medicine and mobile health. The scope of the project is to facilitate access to laboratory tests as part of an integrated and collaborative approach to ambulatory care of a chronically ill individual, as well as to contribute to the dynamic monitoring of patients with chronic diseases.