Preventing infections in the surgical care pathway to tackle AMR
Tuesday 17 November, 14:00- 17:30 (CET)
Health First Europe is organising a virtual roundtable event entitled “Preventing infections in the surgical care pathway to tackle antimicrobial resistance” which will take place on 17 November between 14:00-17:30 CET via webinar.
The virtual roundtable will bring together high-level speakers from the European Commission, the European Parliament, the ECDC, country-level experts and EU health stakeholders with the view to discuss pathways to prevent and manage infections across the surgical care pathway to curb antimicrobial resistance and ultimately to enhance patient safety in Europe.
Health First Europe Insight Report “Identifying the aps between evidence and practice in the prevention of surgical site infections” will be launched during the debate to offer a comprehensive overview of the current gaps between evidence-based guidelines and medical practice in prevention and reduction of surgical site infections in Europe and discuss potential solutions and necessary policy changes.
The debate will feature contributions from:
- MEP István UJHELYI (Hungary, S&D) – European Parliament
- Tommi Kärki – Expert, Antimicrobial Resistance and Healthcare-associated infections – ECDC
- Professor Dr. med. Wolf O. Bechstein – President – DGAV
- Paola Kruger – Patient representative – EUPATI
- Kemal Rasa – President – SIS-E
- Massimo Sartelli – Member – ACOI
- Professor Pascal Astagneau – Head of Regional Centre for Prevention of Healthcare-associated Infections, Assistance Publique – Hôpitaux de Paris, Faculty of Medicine, Sorbonne University
- Professor Peter Sagar – Professor of Colorectal Surgery – University of Leeds and St James’s University Hospital
We hope to welcome you at our roundtable!